Friday, December 18, 2015


Okay, so I realize this is a photo with no humans in it, but if you don't realize what it is, it is blurry a picture of an airplane wing with frost on the window. It is supposed to be a video, but apparently I fail at technology and could not get the proper format of the video embedded in this post.

Now for the backstory of the photo supposed to be video. I traveled home on Thursday and on my flight from DFW to Salt Lake, I planned on trying to find people laughing. Turns out, it is extremely hard to find people laughing in an airport at 6 AM on a busy travel day. However, once on the plane, I got the perfect opportunity. I shared a row with a mom and her three kids. All of the kids were probably below the age of ten. By the end of the flight, all three of them began to get pretty restless. The youngest brother would touch the sisters face while sleeping and the other boy kept taking the youngest's stuffed animal to get a rise out of the youngest. By the end of the flight, there laughter and squeals could be heard through out the plane. The mom, who was sitting next to me, started to panic as she became embarrassed of her children's volume. I understand her embarrassment, but the children were not fighting and just trying to make a stressful day more fun. Meanwhile, all the rest of the adults on the plane looked exhausted and worn out. Here is a perfect example of how it is easier for children to laugh and adults to just stay frustrated.

If the video would have worked, you could hear the children giggling and their mom softly scolding them. Overall they were a nice family and I didn't want to try to film them directly, so that is why I filmed the window as we landed in hopes to hear their conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment